In this guide, I will show you how to transfer MTN Data Bundle to another MTN SIM. MTN is thinking with their subscribers so they made available an option to make it possible for subscribers to be able to share or send a part or whole of their data with other subscribers on the network.
MTN Data gifting service data bundle can be used like normally like every other data plans, you can use it to surf the web, download videos, and can be used across all devices be it Smartphones, modems or tablets.
The data-sharing service from MTN is interesting in that, it brings out the generosity in you.
Before you start sharing data on MTN it is imperative that you first pick the best data option data is suitable for you in order to get your line ready as you prepare to gift some data t that special one.
We have listed some plans that allow the data gifting and sharing. So check them out and dial the activation code to get some data on your mobile, so we can proceed to the next step.
If 375 MB is suitable for you, Proceed to activate by dialing *109#, Valid for 30 days for N1,300!
If 750 MB is suitable for you, Proceed to activate by dialing *110#, valid for 30 days for N2,00!
If 1.5GB is suitable for you, Proceed to activate by dialing *111#, valid for 30 days for N3,500!
If 4.5GB is suitable for you, Proceed to activate by dialing *129#, valid for 30 days for N6,500!
IF 7.5GB is suitable for you, Proceed to activate by dialing *101#, valid for 30 days for N8,000!
Once you have been credited with the data, then it is time to move to the next phase which sending out the data to whomsoever you will on the network. Why I asked you to first pick a data plan is simply because these are the only data bundles that MTN allows for data gifting. You cannot transfer data to other MTN subscribers on any other plans than these ones.
If you find out that any of the below methods is not working, PLS don’t throw tantrums at our Editors in the comment section, it is simply because MTN has changed the ways things work on their platform, and this they do from time to time. We are committed to giving you fool-proof guides, so, if we come across anything worthwhile on this topic in the future, we shall surely update this page.
How to Transfer MTN Data with SMS
Transferring credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone through SMS method is very simple to implement, just follow this method. Text/SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777 in this format ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
Once you have done that, you will receive a follow-up SMS from MTN asking you confirm that you are initiating the transfer, to confirm the transaction all you had to do is send/Text ‘YES’ to 777 and the transfer will be made the same instance to the other number.
PLS NOTE: The above method is for Airtime Sharing and not necessarily for Data transfer. Based on reports we are given, it is like the telco stopped the sharing of MTN data plan on the network since 2016, we are not sure yet as we are yet to receive confirmation from the Network, but we implore you to try the below method if it doesn’t work for you then it may mean that the service has been stopped by MTN
How To Share Data On MTN Network
To share data on the MTN network, take the following steps
- Dial *131*2*1# or SMS REG to 131 so you can be enrolled for MTN Data Share, once this is done, you will be sent a unique security PIN
- It is expected that you change the PIN that was generated by the system to a more secretive one, this you will do by dialing*131*2*5# or SMS Change OLD_PIN NEW_PIN NEW_PIN to 131. E.g Change 0000 1234 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- Once you have successfully changed your PIN, you need to start adding beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD code * 131*2*2#, you can aswell do this by texting Add to 131.
- You are allowed to add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once beneficiaries have been added on your list, you can then proceed to share data as much as you will to your beneficiaries, do this by sending SMS Share to 131 or dial USSD code *131*2*3#.
How to Transfer MTN Data Bundle in Ghana
I will show you the simple method you can use to transfer MTN Data bundle in Ghana. Why would any MTN users want to transfer their data bundles? This is especially useful when you need to move the available data bundle in between two MTN SIMs, using this mthod you can possibly transfer Data from MTN SIM A to MTN SIM B.
Read on to find out how to get things done.
- Sign up first for the MTN Data Share features by dialing *131*2*1# or Sending SMS ==>> REG to 131.
- Once you have completed the registration, you will be sent a new PIN via SMS
- Use the PIN to add other MTN Users’ number to your MTN share & Sell beneficiary list by dialing *131*2*2# or by texting Add to 131.
- The SMS word to 131, alternatively you can dial MTN data share USSD code *131*2*3# to transfer data to desire MTN number.
We hope that helps!