Having a phone is important, but having a SIM card which bears a mobile number is what gives that your phone its primary value or importance. Knowing your mobile phone number is, therefore, a step towards giving that your phone value.
In the same vein, you may want to recharge your phone via mobile banking or do any other thing that requires your mobile number and you are stuck in-between confusion and error what the 11 digits really are.
Any little error in the number will definitely land you into problems that you may not bear easily. So knowing your number and being sure of it is paramount.
If you forget your number, do not worry yourself. Anyone can forget his number and that is why telecommunication networks have got you covered by providing codes with which you can have all-time access to your phone number.
It is also a good thing to know that even if you have lost your SIM pack, you can know your mobile number anytime, anywhere with just a simple operation you make with your phone. So sit back with every confidence as I drive you through the knowledge bank.
Let not your heart shiver, for on this wheel is a capable hand. As such, how to check your number has been covered on all networks available in Nigeria: MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile.
HOW TO CHECK MTN NUMBER WITH USSD CODE
MTN has allowed its users the luxury of simply dialing code when they are in urgent need of their phone number.
- MTN users should dial *124#
- Follow the on-screen prompt to get their number.
- Select “Account Information” by entering ‘1’.
- Send and then select the “My Number” in the following prompt.
That’s all. Your number will be displayed on the screen from where you can now read it. Your number will also be sent to you as a message.
HOW TO CHECK MY AIRTEL NIGERIA NUMBER
There are so many Airtel subscribers who will want to simply check their numbers through USSD codes. To do that:
- Dial *121# and duly follow the prompt that follows.
- Select the “Manage my Account” option by inputting ‘3’.
- Choose the “My Number” option in the following prompt and you will get your number displayed on your screen. You will also get a message bearing your number. You are good to go then.
HOW TO CHECK GLO NUMBER VIA USSD CODE
For Glo subscribers, you have been covered since you can easily access your number through a USSD code.
- Dial*135*8# and diligently follow the on-screen prompt that follows. The number will be displayed on your screen afterward, Just that simple my friend.
HOW TO CHECK 9MOBILE NUMBER USING USSD CODE
Formerly called Etisalat/9Mobile also got its customers covered by providing a USSD code through which subscribers can get their numbers quickly.
- To get your number, dial *248# on your phone. Follow the on-screen prompt and get your number displayed on your screen.
The common way to get your phone number among these network providers is always remembering that the customer service agents are always at your service.
Call your customer service care center and your problem will be solved; though this may take a little longer than when you use the USSD codes.
We had previously written a detailed guide on how to send call me back SMS on MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, and airtel.